PDF patterns and PinarEris steampunk gear

Steampunk plaid bustier skirt by PinarEris

PinarEris makes these stunning steampunk/goth styled skirts and jackets. I wish I had her pattern making skills.. I know many crafters are very protective about their ideas and workmethods, but it would be cool to see at least some of Etsy´s megatalented shopkeepers also selling their patterns/tutorials! You know, pdf-files one could buy at Etsy and recieve via e-mail. You´d make loads of money with very little work! I´d love to just buy a pattern for something like this for 50$ (since Burda will never make stuff like this and I cannot afford 150$) and then make it at home myself from my own fabrics and materials! Actually it would also be more ecological as there would be no package shipping and I could choose myself weather to make it from recycled materials or not. I´ve been thingkign of making pdf-photo instructions to some of my projects and then selling just the tutorials online at Etsy. What do you say? Would you be willing to pay 5$ for the complete instructions for something like my Ann Demeulemeester inspired zipper scarf, which I released last week??

PinarEris is available at Etsy.

Steampunk plaid bustier skirt by PinarEris
Steampunk plaid bustier miniskirt by PinarEris 1
Steampunk plaid bustier miniskirt by PinarEris 3
Steampunk bustle jacket by PinarEris 1
Steampunk bustle jacket by PinarEris 2

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

6 comments:

  1. I caved and bought myself a PinarEris skirt - I've had it in my Etsy favorites for a year, so I figured I could justify it. But I would definitely buy PDF patterns. I have in fact from Etsy seller tiinateaspoon, who has her grad collection for sale in her shop. I bought a PDF pattern for her Mustikka dress and culottes for $15. She was selling the original dress for over $1000, and the culottes for $730. Definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, great idea! I especially like the eco aspect of the PDF-pattern/tutorial selling idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that yellow-black lace skirt and that bustled coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know whats better...her photos or her designs!
    Yes sell your tutorials...you also are ready for a book deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh excellent, i have recently started a fashion and textiles course and next week we have to start making our own skirt - i was looking for something, this could fit the bill! Pattern for it would be ace, off to check it out...

    ReplyDelete