Chainmail scarf

chainmail scarf by metalandthread at etsy

If you ever see any chainmail or other metal "fabric" sold somewhere, buy buy buy! You can make loads with just a narrow strip or small piece. No sewing required.. Just a pair of cutters and pliars! Chainmail scarf by metalandthread at Etsy.

Inspiration for chainmail shoulder accessories from Balmain SS10.
Balmain Summer 2010 14 detail
Balmain Summer 2010 08 detail

"Glomesh" metal fabric:
glomesh metal fabric

Via kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could buy chainmail 'fabric'! Thanks so much for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balmain's SS10 blows my mind. I can't think of the last time a collection made me hyperventilate.

    If that's not Glomesh on the last picture, you could do just a good a job with it. I don't know if this is a thing outside of Australia, but Glomesh was a kind of chainmail used on handbags, it's been a staple of any fashionable ladies wardrobe for about 30 years. I use it to give a touch of medieval disco to things. :D

    See this image- though it's laying flat, it hangs really nicely on it's own. The only problem is that you'd have to back it in some thin fabric, to stop the rear of it catching on things.

    http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.95433509.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Brown Sparrow, thanks for the info! I did not know what this "metal fabric" was called but now I do, Glomesh. This will help me loads when surfing in Etsy and eBay looking for materials! It´s hard sometimes for me to say exactly what I mean in English because I don´t know all the correct words :)

    ReplyDelete