Inspiration - Ann Demaulemeester Summer 2010 collection

Ann Demeulemeester Summer 2010 zipper pieces 9

After seeing the new Balmain collection last night I was 100% sure that one of the jackets had zippers (just metal teeth, canvas cut away) used as fringes. I tried to make some today and IT WORKS! I nearly pissed my pants when I saw these at Ann Demeulemeester Summer 2010 at Tobacco And Leather today. The zippers in this collection are worn as a separate "scarf". Estimated 120cm - 150cm long with satin ribbons at both ends. They enable the scarf to be tied around your torso in variety of styles. I have to make the first version of this next week.

It´s funny. Just last week someone asked me how long I´m still going to be workin with zippers as they "are propably going out of style soon".. Well, I´ve said it before, if you love it, keep it. Zippers will be around for a looong time.

Ann Demeulemeester Summer 2010 zipper pieces 6
Ann Demeulemeester Summer 2010 zipper pieces 5
Ann Demeulemeester Summer 2010 zipper pieces 4
Ann Demeulemeester Summer 2010 zipper pieces 7

My DIY zipper fringe pinning experiment... I like it, but noticed the jacket zippers I normally use for my necklaces are too "thick" to be fringes. They don´t move as well. So thinner and much longer zips (80 cm - 150 cm) would be better for this project. I´ll post more pics later when I have some more stuff pinned. This is going to be so cool! I´m so exited!

DIY zipper fringes p-pola

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

  1. These are beyond amazing! And look somehow do-able myself, must try!

    You are so right, in fact, I refuse to believe in trends being disposable or going "out of style" anymore - things evolve and rotate, yes, but WHY should a thing you love be discarded because it's so "last season". I don't know if you agree, but I'm sensing more and more that fashion (on the street but also in high-fashion) is about "style tribes" and things evolving within those "sections", rather than seasonal changing between, say, "classical" vs "warrior princess" vs "girly girl".

    I think the appreciation of Ann D and Rick O - who have been around doing their thing for quite a while now - is somehow a sign of people wanting longevity, while still wanting to be amazed by their sheer genius.

    (Yeah, fashion philosophy on a lazy Sunday evening..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great idea i think i'm going to try that too i have MILLIONS of zippers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool---Please check out my (sporadic, slow growing) blog regarding
    Comme des Garcons Spring 2010 looks for recon---I call it Comme DIY Garcons!
    http://madameoremade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this!
    you know gstar did a zipper fringe collar last year, it's pretty fierce... i tried it on, but it's just too hot for me.
    http://the-coveted.com/blog/2009/07/28/g-star-raw-hq/

    but it looked relatively easy to do (compared to your more intricate works) though, i don't know how to sew, so what do i know?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AMAZING! You are so inspirational, I am definitely going to try this!

    http://www.salonmystique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete