My own version of Balmain SS09?

I cannot get this collection out of my head.. Balmain Summer 2009. The decorated marching band jackets with shaped shoulders, studded pencil skirts and slim-cut bleached denims (droool..). Pure rock chic. I would love to create the look for myself since I could never buy the real one, but without good detailshots I´m just guessing. Fortunately some high end netshops have close-up shots! I found these from LuisaViaRoma. Click on the images to view them larger.

I bought this jacket from Nasty Gal Vintage a few days ago. Immediately I started thinking of my own Balmain styled marching jacket with handsewn zippers replacing the conventional embroideries.




I also need to get my hands on some pyramid studs to make the skirt, of course replacing a few layers with zippers.



The denim I´m pretty sure I can bleach propely, but before I do that I need to sew the knee darts, back leg darts and zippers in the legs. The micro pleats will be tricky though..



If I can find a similar colored denim for my jeans and enough studs, I could do this kind of studded applications.


Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oeh I like the 6th picture, the jeans with the knee things! Where are they from? You will manage to sew them yourself? Wow!
    Love, Jantine
    pick-a-flower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete