Doily lighting fixtures by Caitlin at Nice-etc



These lovely vintage doily lighting fixtures are made by Caitlin from Nice-etc.com. She also has a shop at nice.etsy.com. Thrifted doilys are a wonderful material to use for DIY projects, they can be found from practically any fleamarket/thriftstore in reasonable prices. When I made my crochet tablecloth dress I discovered that they are easy to sew (with a straight stitch). They can be colored in a washing machine since most are made from natural fibres. The thing I did not realize that because crochets are very flexible and heavy, IT STRETCHES. My dress became 10cm longer the night I wore it :) So if you make something out of crechet table cloths, make them a bit shorter that they are supposed be. The good thing is that hey can be machine washed occationally.




Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. must. have.

    those are so lovely, feminine without being prissy. i have to get one.

    ReplyDelete