Inspiration from Marc Jacobs Summer 2009



I´m currently into listening 20´s, 30´s and 40´s easy going smokey jazz tunes by Cole Porter, Billie Holiday, Al Bowlly and other wonderful artists of that age. I was thrilled to find Marc Jacobs had also taken some inspiration from everydaywear of the same era to his Summer 2009 collection. I adore those straw hats and calf length skirts and trousers combined with pleated flannel shirts. A bit frumpy ladylike 30´s recession chic! Perfect for these challenging times... I actually found a black straw hat like this last summer at a fleamarket. I haven´t worn it, but finally it found itself a killer look. I have to take some of these photos with me when going thrift hunting for spring to find similar shirts and skirts as in this collection. I´m so seeing myself next summer in a park with a picnic basket and some good (green) reading...




Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the wide fabric obi style tie sash belts, lot's of DIY potential in them I think!

    ReplyDelete