Junya Watanabe Fall Winter 2006

Junya Watanabe FW2006 16

One of my all-time favorite collections is the amazing Junya Watanabe Fall Winter 2006 where he dressed up models in reconstructed army wear, cropped boots with studs, patchwork mesh leggins and chained leather/pvc masks with mohair crochet. It just blew me away when I saw it for the first time. It still does... This collection truly represents what army surplus refashioning can be at its best - neo-punk with an edge. Honestly, if Globe Hope and other refashion brands made shit (especially the jackets are amaaazing..) like this they could triple their prices. I mean I´m sure it´s better to sell one jacket for 350 € than 3 for 100 €.. No?

The runway collection pictures and detail shots can finally be viewed from FirstView, for free. Go go go!!!

Junya Watanabe FW2006 05
Junya Watanabe FW2006 07
Junya Watanabe FW2006 26
Junya Watanabe FW2006 08
Junya Watanabe FW2006 18
Junya Watanabe FW2006 31
Junya Watanabe FW2006 22
Junya Watanabe FW2006 20
Junya Watanabe FW2006 03

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. scary!!

    xoxo,
    F

    lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, totally love those black patched leggings, or whatever they are. I HAVE to make some of these for myself. I don't think I could get away withe the patched tartan pants, but I LOVE them all the same! Thankyou for putting these pictures up here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of something I read once, a quote from Coco maybe? It's been a awhile, but it goes something like "I look to the poor for inspiration". I know that is not it but it is something like that.
    And these styles look like they came from the latest punk rock show.

    ReplyDelete