The big Weave

wowen tee

Recontructing mens knits or jersey tees? Make the front piece by weawing. This would loo great done in multiple colors and patterns. I would not even bother finishing the edges of the knits (used knits don´t fray easily). Just remember to cut the strips either horizontally or vertically. Diagonally cut pieces have a tendency to stretch... Although the stretching looks quite good here.

Photo via Jak & Jill.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

7 comments:

  1. hah, this is awesome! great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa, love this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Outi. I've been a longtime follower of your blog. I love your ideas and am amazed at how you find all of these potential DIY projects. I'm an artist currectly living in the US and, like you, an advocate of recycling and upcycled fashion. Apart from my workstation box shelves, I have yet to post any recycling projects since my blog is quite new, but I plan to share soon. Thank you for the inspiration!

    Cheers,
    http://manhandslizzie.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been working on a weave shirt for the last year. Not because it takes that long, but because I get sidetracked. I guess I am/was ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete