Lounge knit pants

Ellery2011FallWinter6

Snow and sub-zero temperatures has arrived to Helsinki and I find myself thingking about warm stuff, like hot cups of tea and woollen knit pants. Must keep warm. Already I'm wearing wollen socks 24-7. Until now, knitted pants have been a garment you might see your grandpa wearing at the cottage, but they can also be fashionable. I have not seen many brands do this yet so you can for example cut and sew a bunch of old sweaters into a new pair of knit pants. They are so it right now! You´ll need a pair of (low crotch) college sweat pants to draw patterns from. For the rest you can look up my Sweater Cape tutorial.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. I made mine harem style from my Mum's old pullover. They are so warm and comfy. Here's a link: http://kuusenalla.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/wheres-me-progres/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about making some just like this for a while. You've pushed me over the edge, I've ordered an old McCalls pattern and I've just got to try it! I especially love these; they look so warm and wooly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gun metal or black knit pants is going to be this boys winters project. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete