Wardrobe challenge

organized closet 1

We all know the feeling.. One buzy morning or a rush to get to a party and you pull out half of your closet trying to find something nice to wear. This happens to me at least once a week and then it takes me a month (or two..) to get everyhing sorted and back in their place. I buy loads of clothes secondhand and while all my stuff is laying on the floor it is really hard to see when my closet space is filled up. I have a rule about shopping for clothes and "everything that does not fit in, needs to go back to charity immediately". Also it is not good to keep your clothes in piles on the floor or on chairs/bed because homes (yes, yours too!) tend to have all sort of microscopic textile critters that would love to get a bite at them. Plus they will go in bad shape and get dusty while scattered all over the place. This week I´ve been on holiday so organizing my wardrobe was one of the first things I did. It just makes the world difference in home apphearance! I´m going to host a pre-fleamarket-sale event a my house in a couple of weeks to sell, give away and swop all the stuff that did not fit in. One must not be possessive about clothes but keep them cycling on before their fashion-best-before-date expires.

I feel so good now about my organizing spree that I´m challenging also all you guys to do the same! :)
- organize your wardrobe closet
- store summer clothes and make room for winter clothes
- anything that does not fit in, donate to charity or sell/give to a friend

I´d love to see some before-after pics, so please take some and post the links to comments. I´m sure many other readers would also love to see how you organized all your stuff and maybe they also could benefit from your tips. I will be giving out a pair of my selfmade Lego-earrings to one of the commenteers in this post! You have time to enter until the end of September. Good luck!

organized closet 2
organized closet 1
organized closet 7
organized closet 3

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

20 comments:

  1. I already keep my closet as organized as it can be in a small space with too many items in it. Though the curio cabinet for jewelry and accessories is genius.. I wonder if I could convince my husband to let me put one in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We definitely must be psychic because I did a MASIVE clear out on the weekend and was going to post some photos - I halved my wardrobe and it felt so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So organised! I have attempted to do the same recently. I love the cabinet wit all the accessories in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just did the same on Monday! My favorite local fleamarket gives a place to sell for 7 euros for week! I´ve got so much better organized closet now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darn! I JUST organized my closet about 3 days ago! It looks really awesome but I don't have any before pictures because i didn't take any :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. PERFECT! My room's super junky and I have room inspections this week. Perfect motivation to clean up shop!

    And...I wish I had your closet.
    ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that your closet? Now I have serious shoe envy...
    So well organised! I need to do this pretty soon, too, but I hate throwing away clothes, no sooner does it go in the charity bin than you suddenly need it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could go to the swap and bring all my fun and funky clothes that someone would love as much as I do. Make sure to post fun pictures of the event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I gave you the Cherry on Top Award :)

    http://alwaysspreadlove.blogspot.com/2010/09/cherry-on-top-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep my 'non-worn-yet-too-nice-to-give-away-or-sell' things in a giant carton box.This way I can pretend I am actually going to do something with them,and my conscience is clean (partly) .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I´m going to clean up my wardrobe, NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My wardrobe makes me feel utterly forlorn every time I think about it. I have however designated tomorrow to take stuff to the Charity shop. A small stop in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell us where you got your cabinet/shelf system? Also, I ssem to remember a while back you postign that you were working on a book - am I mis-remembering this, or can you give us an update?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your organization closets for hats & jewelry?, shoes, and clothing is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eerrrm WOW. If I was a boy I think I would have an erection!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My wardrobe is always organised, I love organising it. I don't have any different clothes for summer and winter so they're all always there.. And I don't like giving clothes away, I might like them later! Has happened often :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where did you get those red leather handtooled booties???

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dbellydancer, those red heels are by Diesel. Summer 2007 or summer 2008 if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Casey!!! YOU ARE THE WINNER!! :) Please send me your postal address so I can mail you the earrings.

    ReplyDelete