DIY Charles Anastase Dungeon Boots

Charles Anastase FW 2009 Dungeon Boots

I have to admit it to myself that in some trends I might be a little slow. Maybe it´s because I´m more into lasting trends than fast ones. I need to see first if I´d wear the stuff for seasons on until I add it to my wardrobe. Anywho, after the looong age of The Wedge, I´d say The Platform is back. But not just any platform, the Charles Anastase "Dungeon Boot" (Fall 2009) styled platform. Jeffrey Campbell of course made his more affordable version for this fall called "Lita" which I´m sure you have already seen around the blogosphere and will see on fashion bloggers feet as soon as they come in later this September. I´ve been waiting for the return of platforms since to me they are an essential part of the 90's revival looks. The key component in this boot apart from the heel shape is the rugged worn down surface and matte color. The only thing I´d do different with these boots are the shoelaces.. Those I'd make from ripped white strips of fabric instead of the regular round laces. I think they'd look rad.

Charles Anastase FW 2009 Dungeon Boots 3
Charles Anastase FW 2009 Dungeon Boots 2

Charles Anastase F/W 2009 Dungeon Boots (above)
VS.
Jeffrey Campbell “Lita” Lace-Up Boots (below)

Jeffrey Campbell LITA 1
Jeffrey Campbell LITA 2

I found two super cool DIY versions of these gorgeous heels. The first DIY Dungeon boot project is the easier one, made by Tessa over at Apparellel.

charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 1
charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 2
charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 4
charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 8
charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 9a
charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 9b
charles anastase dungeon boot DIY 9d

The second DIY is done by Christeric. Super job that requires some plastic molding skills but that can transform any secondhand 90's curve heel back to runway status.

AFTER:
Charles Anastase Dungeon Boots DIY by Christeric 1
Charles Anastase Dungeon Boots DIY by Christeric 2

BEFORE:
Charles Anastase Dungeon Boots DIY by Christeric 3

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely.... I dunno if I could go to all that work though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the first DIY pair don't look too difficult to do and a fab result! I'll be on the lookout for a pair when I next go charity shopping x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your shoes & Jeffrey Campbell!!!!!!!!

    me encanta tu blog! te sigo!

    muak

    www.gabriellemode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete