Glamourai DIY scarf top tutorial

Glamourai scarf DIY top 2

Tutorial how to make this beautiful scarf top at Glamourai.

You'll need:
- 2 silk scarves
- straight pins, sewing machine, thread
- 4 grommets
- approximately 20-22" chain (use old thrift store jewelry!)
- jewelry pliers to manipulate chain

Glamourai scarf DIY top 1
Glamourai scarf DIY top 4
Glamourai scarf DIY top 3

Glamourai scarf DIY dress 4
Glamourai scarf DIY dress 3
Glamourai scarf DIY dress 6
Glamourai scarf DIY dress 5

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

10 comments:

  1. awww I know it's so cute! when I saw it I really thought I had to do one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great DIY! I'm actually in the process of finishing mine now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sooo cool !!!! i like !!!

    xxx

    http://anexceptiontomyrule.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this but I am VERY allergic to nickel compounds, which tends to be in most metal chains like the ones used for the straps.

    Any ideas for an alternative?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Julene, I think you could use also plastic chains (from old 60´s necklaces) and hand sew them on to the scarf edges. In Finland all the chains and other jewelry metal pieces sold at hobby/craft shops are nickel free. I believe it is not allowd to sell jewelry containing nickel in the EU area anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this- will definitely try! Great post
    Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These tops are awesome! I wish I were slim enough to wear one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I linked to this tutorial on my post, since the glamourai link it's not working anymore!
    Http://Inspirationrealisation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete