Third zipper necklace finished!



My third zipper necklace finished! This one will be sent to London to Susie Bubble who writes StyleBubble fashion blog. This piece is made from 12 jacket zippers handswen together. As you can see The necklace can be worn in many ways. Detail in front, back, under one arm and so on. There really is no "right way" to wear it. My necklaces are very adaptable to different kinds of outfits. The best way to wear them is attach them to the garment with safety pins to keep it in place. In the last picture you can see my best Agyness Deyn impression :))

This necklace is heavy for a piece of jewelry, 525 g (= 1,15 lb / 18,5 ounces). But after you attach it to your garment with safetypins (so it does not move) you can hardly notice it because the weight is distrbuted evenly around your shoulders. I´ve worn these with t-shirts and ball gown dresses. The zippes are layered so that the reverse side is all canvas (see necklace tutorial). This way it does not itch or irritate your skin because no metal areas touch it. It does not heat up in sunlight It´s actally very cool to wear outdoors.

Click to my Zipper necklace tutorial to see how I make these. If you want me to make you one, send me mail. I make custom orders!




Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

16 comments:

  1. these are awesome!! i totally want to make a smaller version for myself
    i love your blog..thanks for the insparation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie Bubble is a very lucky gal...that's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there....is it possible if i can order one of those? i'm totally willing to pay for that stunning creation of yours...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful. more sculpture than jewelry. do you sell these anywhere??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not currently sell these anywhere, but I do make custom orders! The price varies from 200-300 euro depending on how many zippers I use (it can be 8-15 pcs). Susie´s necklace had 12 zips. The more zips the more heavy the piece gets. I do not use a pettern to make these so each piece will be a unique design. You are able to choose the color, black, navy, white or red.

    If you´d like me to make you one, please sent me mail at outsapop.com@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God, I love your blog! So inspiring. I had to link to you right away. Would be great if you could link back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello,

    I think I friended you on DIY City, your necklaces are amazing! Congrats on getting one to Miss.Bubble

    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the info.
    they are really unique and beautiful. the weight of them must feel wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowzers. That is truly amazing! Where do I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. To get one of these, you need to send me mail to outsapop.com[a]gmail.com. I do only custom orders :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how awesome is this! Thanks for sharing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I would love to feature you in my blog if it is ok with you. http://severeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure thing! :) Please link your post to www.outsapop.com.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The idea of making fashion accessories more affordable is a great one. Teenage jewelry and fashion jewelry (as an example) need not be all gold and diamonds. Other material and metal options can create some very gorgeous and affordable fashion jewelry. Great write up on this blog, hope to see more and more often too.

    Diva Bling Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  15. i made one of these following your tutorial so thank you! i love it! i've posted some pictures up if you want to have a look
    http://becomingfearless.typepad.com/notesonbecomingfearless/2009/02/little-miss-copycat.html

    Mathilde xxx

    ReplyDelete