Shoulder pad fashions



Shoulder pads are one of those little things in fashion that continue to devide peoples opinions. Some cannot stand them and some do. I´m one of those who love them. A lot of the clothes I buy from secondhand stores have shoulder pads. I usually cut them out but I have saved them all since I think they have exellent trashion potential.

Last month I blogged a lot about hats, millinery and fascinators. I cannot do any proper millinery myself, but I started to think about using my collection of shoulder pads (cut out of secondhand 80´s clothes) as fascinator-bases a few months ago.. Jennine from The Coveted blog has done just this. She has made some rad looking hats from shoulder pads. Red hot trashion! It´s funny how some people think about the same thing at the same time. I suppose it´s how trends are born. I´m hoping she will make a few for sale in The Coveted Shoppe in Etsy.

I have planned to make a Martin Margiela styled dress with the entire bodice or dress covered with shoulder pads. The other design would be a Grace Jones inspired mega-shoulder-pieces with at least 20 pads per side. You know the kind that would make a american football player in full gear look small.. Both of these projects would be a nightmare to those still refusing to think shoulder pads are anything more then a horrible fashion mistake from the 80´s. But not me. Maybe Roisin Murphy could appreciate them!




Images via The Coveted blog.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Moikka! Bongasin sut OUTSAPOPin sivuilta. Sulla on tosi kivan oloinen blogi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. vau hienoja!

    en tiedä ootko seurannu tyylitaivasta, joten tulin tänne ilmottamaan että meille on varattu pöytä hietsun kirppikselle tän viikon sunnuntaiks.

    ReplyDelete