Vinyl necklaces at Prada



Isn´t it wonderful how Miuccia Prada always seems to add trashion styled details to her collections and make them still look so elegant and classic?! Of course I´m talking about the vinyl necklaces and cuffs in her latest Fall 2008 collection. Beautiful lace coctail dresses are teamed up with wawy vinyl pieces that look like they could be made from thrifted vinyl records. You´ve propaby seen some vinyl bowls at Etsy, but this kind of styling just takes them to a complitely new level! I know these are not the thing for a beginner trashionista to make, but if you want some for your self I think Etsy Alchemy would come in handy. Just look up artists like EyePopArt or Stella James to help you out.

Prada collection images via Style.com.





Prada inspired vinyl necklace by Clamity Jem.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

4 comments:

  1. These are so lovely, and are beautifully showcased against the lace. I also wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the Brillante Blogger 2008 award. Please see my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently trying to let someone make it for me, I love the necklace and everything made out of vinyl records... if it turns out well I can send you a pic! - rianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. am not too keen on the necklace as it seems a bit ill fitting and somewhat uncomfortable and I think the proportions of it are a tad weird and it lacks the attention to detail in the finishing (non?) BUT the cuffs on the other hand really rock my boat!

    is it possible to make this kind of jewelry at home?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the proportions of the necklace. It could be better....

    I´m not familiar with vinyl working techniques, but I believe melting and shape changing can be done home (softened in the oven), but I´m not sure about the cutting. Etsy has many sellers that work with vinyl. I think you should ask them.

    ReplyDelete