Philip Lim Zipper dress



Here are some close ups of the gorgeous 3.1 Philip Lim Summer 2009 zipper dress to show you how the zippers are sewn onto the dress by using satin ribbons. I recommend pinning the whole thing together before sewing so you are able to adjust the zippers if needed. Notice that the zippers are not sewn on to the satin ribbon the same width. In some places the ribbon is sewn closer to the zipper teeth and some further. I´m sure also the width of the used ribbons varies.






Images via eLuxury.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

3 comments:

  1. This is pretty incredible. Reminds me that I have to go and look up your zipper DIY to follow myself!

    xxx.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw this dress I thought of you immediately and your zipper necklace. I still like yours best :)

    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete