OutsaPop Trashion column on MissMix - Knitted cap tutorial



My fourth trashion column came out in MissMix January/February issue. Winter is all about warm accessories so in this months issue made a berret cap from houndstooth patterned knit. Even though I´m a crafty and creative person, I cannot knit. For a long time I thought it meant that I could not work with knits. Recently I have bought loads of secondhand knits that I have cut up and sewn back together by either machine or by hand. A simple straight stitch is the best to make clean (non-stretchy) seam. Used knits don´t usually fringe very easily so you don´t necessarily need to serge or otherwise finnish the seams. I will release this tutorial in English soon to Cut Out + Keep craft community. MissMix photos by Mika Pollari.









Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Snap, I can't knit either :(
    I love your reconstructed knitwear, the sweater dress is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiva kun jaoit tämän tännekin, kun en kuulu kyseisen lehden kohderyhmään. Hyvä ohje, jos vaikka ehtisi kokeilemaan vielä täksi talveksi!

    ReplyDelete