The TODAY DIY Style Week

tdy_bobbie_diy_111104.vembedmed

Lovely and clever DIY projects from The TODAY DIY Style Week. But almost all of them are accessories, mostly jewelry..?! I suppose refashioning clothes is still a marginal area in DIY fashion compared to jewelry and accessories. Maybe I´m just having a bad morning but this brings me down even though I propably should be happy that a major tv-programme is featuring DIY fashion for a week. The Today show had a brilliant line up from Kristen Turner of Glitter 'N Glue to Geneva Vanderzeil of A Pair & A Spare and Erica Domesek of P.S. I Made This.. and they complitely blew it by choosing these projects. These crafty superstars can do and have done so much more than accessories. How are fast fashion fanatics supposed to change into a more sustainable wardrobe by using DIY if they are mainly showed jewelry and accessory projects?? This is lazy journalism. Blaaaaaah.

Fuck. I should finish my DIY book. The DIY fashion community obviously needs it. It´s going to be 90% clothes and only 10% accessories including jewelry. Maybe I´m just mad cause I´m working too much and having too little time to do the book.

It´s kinda funny. If one is not happy with the way things are, you MUST DO IT YOURSELF.

Yup. This is a shitty morning. Sorry..

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

6 comments:

  1. Don't be discouraged! Books are like birthing children and sometimes you get little false labour pains. I've written many and so many times my muse will desert me only to return with more glorious inspiration! You'll finish and it'll be fantastic!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne! This particular "baby-book" has been in labour for years now.. And sometimes I just lose it. It means a lot to me to have you guys here for support :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please don't stress over it, it'll block your creativity. I've been woking on one book for almost two years! I have who I call my "Last Minute Muse" as she usually shows up a day or two before deadline with just what I need. But I seem to have a new muse who's pushing, pushing for me to get this book done, so hopefully I'll have my baby out of the oven soon! If you ever need support please feel free to contact me. Writing is hard, and I'm always happy to encourage those who write!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. After two years of dinking around with accessories, I finally started actual clothing makeovers. I feel like I have acquired some kind of super power.

    Keep inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that Bromeliad. I will.. turn YOU ALL into refashionistas with sewing machines with my magic powers. Pim! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an interesting observation Outi. We all crafted our projects separately and I don't think the studio even knew what we would be doing until we sent them - it's funny we all ended up doing accessories! Haha. I started out doing refashioning which is still a big part of my DIY projects, but have branched into accessories recently too. As long as people are being encouraged to make and create things I think it's ok - but I do agree it's better when the materials for the projects are recycled or thrifted. Can't wait to read your book! xx

    ReplyDelete