Haute Trashion Boys

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Yesterday we did the first shoot for my DIY fashion book with photographer Mikko Rasila and my documenter Maria Santto. I have been sewing and making clothes all week to have everything done in time and did not get much sleep last night. But staying up late can be very productive. I get these bursts of creativity when I´m super tired, like the idea to draw a Keith Haring inspired shirt somewhere between 3 and 5 am. It turned out so cool. First we shot the boys and tomorrow girls. My guys (Thank you Eelis, Joni and Janne!!) did a super job. I will definitely ask them to come for the later shoots. There will be a total of six shoots during this spring and summer with different themes. But it´s going to be amazing since I have the best team with me.

Making a DIY book like this and still going to a full time day job is a huge project (I´m sure I still have no idea how huge..). But I´m loving every minute of it! I´ll keep you updated on what´s going on so you´ll be able to take a trip to the sets and see how we did it.

It´s funny when people ask me how much I´ve written so far and I tell them nothing yet.. "..But how long have you been doing the book??" "Um, about two years now." "Ok..."

Yup, that´s how DIY fashion books are done! The writing comes last before editing and making the layout. Before that there are countless hours of planning shoots, outfits, browsing through flea markets for supplies and making the clothes and taking pictures of the tutorial phases themselves. I have no studio so I´m doing this at my apartment. The whole process started of editing my inspiration pictures folder to pick up the ideas and tutorials I wanted for the book. This took about a month as the folder is about 35 000 photos.. I ended up with a powerpoint presentation with 200 slides and continued editing from there. My apartment has been looking like this for the past months.. Not a very glamourous job. Sorry Mom for not inviting you over in the last months, but as you can see there is no place for you to sit! This is a creative space. Or what ever. :P

the creative space

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Mikko loves his job.

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Eelis giving me the Johnny Cash face.

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Joni playing it cool.

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Models come is handy as cable holders.

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Mikkos furry low rider studio assistant who will kiss everyone that comes to ground level.

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Janne working my Balenciaga inspired jacket.

OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot OutsaPop trashion DIY fashion book HAUTE TRASHION shoot

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

9 comments:

  1. Koska kirja ilmestyy? Musta alkaa tuntua että se on pakko saada :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julkaisu on suunniteltu lokakuulle 2012. Et on tässä vielä hieman hommaa :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i cannot wait to see this book, these photos make it seem so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be so exciting for you! Thanks for sharing, and continued luck with the book!
    XXX
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Another 10 months and then it is done... I keep counting the days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coat at the end with the houndstooth design is seriously impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice :)

    www.karissaworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. God the whole process seems amazing!!
    Good luck with the book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look amazing already now, so look forward to see the final results!!

    ReplyDelete