Margiela inspired DIY painted jeans
Back in 1993 when I was 16 I painted a teddybear and a dish washing brush with white ceiling paint, because I thought they looked boring. Sunflowers and the rave generation were in fashion and everybody was listening to Moby and wearing colorful fake furs and plastic. The teddy lost all it´s softness and the brush I framed on my wall as art. A feminist collage I called it. They looked so cool to me, like a works of real art. My friends thought I was crazy. Luckily it turned out I wasn´t, I just had a quirky sense of humor.. I did not know then that in that moment I had discovered trashion.
I love Martin Margielas style to paint everything white. Not too exact.. but almost. The painted surfaces are then distressed in different ways to add wear and life to the project. For summer 2010 he introduced "paper" like painted shoes and pants in his collection. Very high fashion, very chic. And still very in...
This project is another great fashion DIY tutorial by Love Aesthetics aka Ivania Carpio. Here the jeans are just worn, so the white paint cracks up nicely. You can use this technique also on denim jackets, t-shirts, hats, shoes, bags, basically anything. If you don´t want the paint to be too hard, water it down a bit before painting (has to be water based paint).
The paint will crack up and small crumbs fall off so make a note of it where you sit while wearing these so you don´t leave a white dusty mark on someones couch..
- ► 2014 ( 21 )
- ► 2013 ( 133 )
- DIY Chained Collar Tips tutorial by Taylor and Dem...
- What you feel on the inside
- Blogistania airs March 21st
- Skater girl
- Locked up - Bond Hardware
- DIY SS2012 Stella MCartney inspired cut out dress
- DIY: Feathered Alexander McQueen's Skull Inspired ...
- DIY Ann Demeulemeester feather headpiece
- DIY suspenders
- DIY tutorial - leather fringe skirt
- OutsaPop Trashion! book cover draft
- Leather leg holster bags
- OutsaPop Trashion @ Pinterest
- Vaatelainaamo - clothes borrowing service in Helsi...
- Corinne´s Craft Closet - DIY Doily Wedge Shoes
- Angels and demons
- MOO business cards giveaway!!
- What is trashion?
- DIY Margiela painted clothes by OutsaPop Trashion
- DIY - Margiela inspired paint test
- Margiela inspired DIY painted jeans
- Sharpie DIY denim shorts
- Erika Works painted leather
- ▼ February ( 23 )
- ► 2011 ( 465 )
- ► 2010 ( 457 )
- ► 2009 ( 708 )
- ► 2008 ( 236 )
- fabric printing
- Outi Pyy