Ribbon nomads

Fall nomad

Nickie pointed out to me this thick cable knit cardigan with ribbon detailing she saw at Teenangster. Love the styling on these photos! Really quick DIY. You need to just thread the ribbon through the loops and if you feel like going without it just take the ribbon out. The ribbonends can be finished by running a flame (cigarette lighter) through them. No cutting or sewing needed.

Photos by Mark Segal, New York Time Magazine.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I love it- I love all those fabulous textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like it!!!
    ciao,
    E.
    www.neovecchiostile.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look. My sister was way ahead of the fashion track when she was 4 and decided to wear her whole wardrobe at once. What beautiful textures. I'm in love with the cream and blue sweater she's holding and the shearling coat she's wearing.


    http://missingjames.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab outfit , I have to cheer up. It is fazinating that all the jigsaw design, layering story and pattern mixes are matching so ultra great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA!! :D So glad you liked the photo. I picked up the perfect sweater yesterday at a thrift shop for this project. Now I just need to find the right ribbon. Have a great day!

    xoxo
    http://nickienoel

    ReplyDelete
  6. loveee the ribbon in her hair. so much going on here, but lovelove it.

    http://midnighteaparty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love this image! so may layers, materials, textures, print, colours....so interesting!

    stylejunkiejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love thought-provoking shots :) thanks!

    http://amaturecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful textures and I love the piled-on look!
    BTW, the ribbon woven through sweaters is now all the rage in Japan...the latest mags for Fall show tons of variations on this theme (I've so far spotted photos in Vivi, S-Cawaii, and Blenda) though I have no idea where to get those sweaters outside of the country!
    DIY is a must for this!
    Thanks for sharing-
    xoxo
    Carly
    www.chic-steals.com

    ReplyDelete