Caffeine skin

coffee grounds as a daily natural skin exfoliation

Normally I´ll skip all the cosmetics talk as a) I´m no expert in cosmetics and those chemicals and b) cause this is a fashion related blog. But this.. This is just too fun and amazing not to share. And it´s kinda trashion. Some of you propably think I´ve gone mad. Join the club. They all think so. Ok, to the subject...

All Finns know the saying that "having cold coffee will make you look more beautiful" but this is something new. Sissi from Razor blogged about her using used coffee grounds as a daily natural skin exfoliation and body moisturizer. Besides, I love the smell of coffee, so instead of having coffee-breath you could have your skin smell of coffee. Nice... She says to use the grounds daily, right after brewing so they are still moist. Take a handfull and rub it on your body (does not work on face) and rinse. Your skin will be softer and blood circulation better. Also gounds mixed with a little bit of oil or organic shower cream, will have an moisturizing effect. I´m so giving this a go as I´m always out of exfoliating creams or the syntethic stuff just makes my skin too dry. I just wonder how fast this stuff will clog my shower..

coffee grounds as a daily natural skin exfoliation

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

  1. I've been doing this for a few months now too and it makes my skin feel amazing! I also put oil or honey. It's really simple and feels great!

    I haven't found the best solution for catcing the grinds other than a normal hair catcher :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely imagine how this would work, seeing as how coffee does make your blood circulate faster and keeps your heart pumping fast (not always the best thing but hey, it works!). I love coffee and the smell as well, and like you, synthetic products tend to dry out my skin - I'm definitely giving this a try! Thanks :D

    Danah
    panacheoffblast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I'm going to try this, my dad is always drinking coffee so the grounds are always readily available to me. Mum will think I've gone mad though!

    I actually use Glimpse for my face, it's absolutely amazing and is all natural with no added chemicals. It's made from a mangosteen fruit. I really recommend you try it.

    Check it out at http://twitter.com/aussiexango

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEFINITELY TRYING THIS. YOUR BLOG IS GREAT!

    xxx

    http://amaturecouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. caffeine is also the main ingredient in cellulite creams. it's iffy that those work well for cellulite but still it's cheaper to just rub the grounds on you for all those other effects you have mentioned anyway. and i think... they are good for drains? i have to check this but they might be helpful to keeping drains unclogged so you don't have to worry about them washing down the drain.

    ReplyDelete