DIP London cut´n´tie tees


D.I.P London has launched a collection at Topshop. "Each piece is individually worked, meaning no two pieces are the same. A beautiful vest has a dramatically cut-away back while slashed jersey tees and an ink-splashed dress have a raw and rebellious quality. A black rayon jersey dress with hand bugle beaded shoulder detail and a silver habotai silk dress and a black habotai silk top are embellished with delicately elegant cobweb embroidery." Of course you can go out and buy these, but this technique is just 1-2-3 simple to make on your own. The last time I´ve seen cut´n´tie technique it was done by Jean Paul Gaultier back in 2001. I´ve loved it since so in a way I´m happy someone introduces it again. I´ll try to make you guys some how-tos during the next week.



Jean Paul Gaultier SS2001 collection

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

  1. I like this cut & tie technique, but I think it goes back futher, to the late 70's or early 80's. Not positive, but I seem to remember seeing it. Whatever, I'm glad people are doing it again, and in such a sophisticated way.
    Janavi

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pieces are amazing! Do you know where I can find instructions on how to do these cut & tie technique?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look like Hardanger gone wild - rather a neat treatment. So enjoy your blog. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful. please please do a tutorial for us if you can. would be hugely appreciated.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I join in the request, please make the tutorial!

    Btw, there's an award for you in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete