Bleach and destroy


(click the image larger to view details..)

Spring 2009 collections had 80´s styled denim that was torn, destroyed and bleached. Nothing really "new" but to me it still looked fresh and intresting. My kind of denim! Think less much Samantha Fox, but more Adam Ant rock-chic. Balmain had teamed the denims up with decorative officer´s jackets and Meadham Kirchhoff with loose shirts and blazers. I seriously need to get my hands on some bleach, sand paper and cheece grinders... All the tips and instructions I need should be found from my Denim Design Lab book by Brian Robbins. I think I can handle the sanding and grinding, but bleach is difficult and requires some testing. I´ll let you know when I have something done!

BALMAIN SPRING 2009 COLLECTION






MEADHAM KIRCHHOFF SPRING 2009 COLLECTION




Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

6 comments:

  1. Wow...the DIY potential is endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the first two jackets...very adam and the ants circa kings of the wild frontier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've TRIED doing this with household bleach and just CAN'T get the right results.
    Can anyone help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why the bleach should be tested first. Take a quetip and drop a drop of bleach somewhere undetected, like leg bottom hem on the inside. If the fabric does not bleach immediately it will not bleach at all.

    Even if the garment is 100% cotton, some have been treated with chemichals that prevent the fibre from bleaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete