The art of shortening jeans - Darts



How many times have you left a great looking, worn down pair of denim in to the shop because the legs are too long? I love denim and it kills me every time I see (an expensive) worn pair of denim shortened just by CUTTING them. I´ve been working with denim for years and shortened more jeans for my friends that I can remember. So far I have come up with about six dfferent ways to shorten them (depending on the fit, wash and style).



Darts are the perfect solution when you need to lose a lot or just a little length from the back leg of your jeans, but none from the front. The leg will curve to the back but it will look surprisingly straight when the jeans are worn. Fast, simple and hardly visible!

This is the second denim shortening tutorial - DARTS at Cut Out and Keep craft community. The photos and instructions can also be found from my Flickr Trashion Tutorial Set. The first tutorial was about shortening bootcut jeans.

Isn´t it amazing where 1 1/2 inches (8cm) on extra-length just disappheared! And no cutting needed. So... If I ever wanted to open the darts up again to add length, it is possible! I use only one dart (sewn to hem) if I need to shorten the denim 1/2 inches (3cm) from the back, but leave the front un-touched.

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment