80´s loose band t-shirt



I looove these 80´s styled loose on-shoulder band tees. This is my latest. They are just so easy to make. I made my first one in a wardrobe-panic when I had no cool clean clothes to wear and a bandtee was sticking out from the bottom of the pile. 10 min and some cutting later it was finished! Now I have about 5, a few back ones a pink one and a blue one.

Here is a tutorial on how you can cut you´re own from an XL t-shirt. The shirt you cut, should be about two or three sizes too big.


This is what I started out with - a long sleeved band-tee. At least two sizes too big. Remember to wash your shirt before cutting.


Step 1.
Cut the sleeves. Here I had to cut between the sleeve images. If you have a short sleeved tee, cut right above the edge-stitching. No sewing needed!


Step 1b.
I cut the other sleeve also right between the graphics. Now it is 2cm (1/2 inces) shorter than the other sleeve. It does not matter since this shirt will be worn asymmetrically.


Step 2.
Cut two slits about 3cm (about 1 inch) from the collar. Make sure you cut them in a 90 degree angle.


Step 3.
Cut a circle from the slits to the centre as close to the collar (mid-front) than possible.


Step 4.
Flip the tee over and do the same to the back. Cut as close to the mid-back of the collar as possible.


Step 5.
Try the shirt on. Cut the hem. I usually cut about 10 cm (4 inces). Fold the hem as you cut so the length will stay the same.

NOW IT IS FINISHED!

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment