Collections that inspire me

I thought it was time to share more collections which I find still to be very inspiring. The first is Christopher Kane 2007 Summer collection. I think the way he has combined fluo colors and lace is genious. Also the use of D-rings and ribbon. I see this kind of clothing created from those awful 80´s aerobic-suits, secondhand corsets + all your left over laceribbons, shoelaces and curtainrings. There is basically no wrong way to combine colors or material in this theme. 80´s lurex + lace + glitter fabrics + any colored lace ribbons.

I was so inspired by this collection that I made a dress by using a secondhand corset, metres of neoyellow 80´s elastic waistband and recycled street workmen´s fluovests for the base. The details are made from a roll of lace ribbon that I had been in my craft supply closet for years + some left over curtain rings. The result was quite Nu-rave, I think.

Here´s a picture of my finished dress but also some pics of Kane SS2007 collection. See the entire collection at Firstview.com







Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment