Götan Maailma / Göta´s World of antique curiosities

Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki

When my friend handed me out a business card last week saying she had found my favorite shop in Helsinki, I did not know what to think. The card had a vintage photo on it and it said Götan Maailma (engl. Göta´s World) "soulfull old things and antique oddities"... !! I love oddities and curiosities !! Ever since a little girl I have loved the Museum of Natural History where I can go to see the taxidermy animals, like the two headed calf and dinosaur sceletons. My friends have called me the Crazy Bunny Lady for some time know because I have a white taxidermy rabbit (allegedly shot by one of our previous presidents U.K. Kekkonen) in my home, a beaver skull and some other objects that rather fit the interior tastes of an 80 year old granny than an 30 year old fashionista. I adore odd and macabre things and shop them regulary from Etsy. As I walked into the shop, it seemed so familiar. It turned out that the shop keeper Thomas also worked in one of my favorite cafes in Helsinki, Villipuutarha (engl. Wild Garden) which had a similar granny styled interior esthetic. Villipuutarha is an another must-visit in Helsinki, located in Kallio, if you fancy a cup of afternoon tea and some delightfull sweet snacks. Anyways, as I walked in I immediately spotted my favorite item, a sleeping bunny rabbit. I was so sad to find out that it had been already reserved, but then Thomas told me the name to whom it was for and it was me!! My friends had bought it for me as a birthday present. I nearly cried from happiness. Silly Bunny Lady... This creature had been hand stuffed by Thomas himself (he is a taxidermy enthusiast) and it truly is an exquised piece. He said that it had been in the shop for quite a while but he would not sell it just to anyone as it is one of his personal favorites and he wanted to make sure it was going to the right place. I´m so happy my home fit the description. I will pick up my sleeping bunny rabbit in a few days and when it comes home it will have a new velvet bed to dream in.

Götan Maailma
Helsinki, Punavuori, Tark,ampujankatu 11
01900 HELSINKI
Tel. 044 747788
Open Mon-Fri 10-18, Sat 10-15


Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki Götan Maailma antique oddities curiosities shop Helsinki

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! Se on vielä ihanampi kun mitä on kerrottu!! En ole itse vielä päässyt käymään... Ihana! Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No se. Fiona toi on niiin sun mesta. Nyt raivaat kalenterista tilaa ja meet sinne. Älä unohda rahoja kotiin. uolla niistä pääsee äkkiä.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing.. and again amazing...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I love that wallpaper! Can I live there!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bunny looks adorable!
    Check out my DIY Crystal heels(in progress)
    Please tell me if they are good !

    http://flouncesandslashes.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-crystal-shoes-in-progress.html

    ReplyDelete