OutsaPop Easter fascinator tutorial

OutsaPop Trashion Easter fascinator 1

Etsy had a meeting in Helsinki in February and I had the pleasure of meeting the very charming Matt Stinchcomb from Etsy Communities there. He asked me to make a trashion tutorial for Storque, How-To Tuesdays column. And so I did. Easter themed of course since spring is almost here. To me this was a huge honor as I´ve been a loyal shopper and supporter of Etsy for many years now and I feel it has made a huge difference in how DIY is seen and sold these days online.

Wearing fanciful fascinators is a guaranteed way to get attention. I prefer them to buying pretty shoes, as flaunty hair accessories are a sure way to crown any outfit and get noticed. They also easy and fast to make, suit any hair style and are much cooler to wear than hats. This hand-sewn fascinator is made to a round crafting felt base. They can be decorated with pretty much anything, including leftover fabrics, ribbons, cords and lace doilies... Anything lightweight will work! I enjoy a bit of humor in my dressing up, so I often use small toys, plastic flowers and other objects to decorate my fascinators.

Now I can walk around Helsinki with a birds nest or a black raven on my head and so can you!

See more, bigger and better photos at my Flickr galleries. Photos by Stella Harasek.

_DSC0114

Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

7 comments:

  1. love your blog, cause the great dose of inspiration
    thank you
    I make DIY myself, and I thnik you may like it.
    I always inspired by things like biology, or physics, planets, stars and wild creatures.
    That's why i like your birdy hats so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to make my own hats too, but if you don't have time, you can always buy a lovely Easter bonnet (complete with nest and eggs) at ShopCurious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my grandfather was a milliner and he would love this fascinator! He loved anything creative and delicate. You are so talented.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just wanted to say I absolutely love your blog! I love all the diy information, and the things you make. :)
    -Morgan
    www.catch13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love these, especially this black one! I have to make one to myself =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came across your blog!

    It is lovely!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it so much! Very whimsical and I adore birds.
    melina bee

    ReplyDelete