My trashion skirt from mens trousers in episode of Kirppis (Finland TV1)



Finland YLE TV1 approached me a couple of months ago to apphear on their show called KIRPPIS. This show is being filmed live every Sathurday morning from my favorite weekend flamarket Valtteri in Helsinki. They have a short feature in the program where visiting designers turn something old to new. In my first episode (aired 23.2.2008) I sewed three men´s suit pants to a skirt. You can find the instructions from Kirppis website, but unfortunately they are only in Finnish. I forgot my camera home the day we shot this, so I do not have any good pics of the finished skirt. I´ll be doing a second show later this spring.



Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. It is a pity that the site is in Finish only. I can get very few words because the Estonian helps but not enough! Would you talk about the markets in Finland?? I wish the culture of reusing and remaking would start strong in Estonia. I love it but people still feel quiet sceptical about it!
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s the same here. There is a small craft community doing trashion and reconstructions but it is not very organized yet. I have been trying to find more crafters in my home area but not much luck lately.

    But I can see more press and programmes about recycling every day. Finns like to think of our selves "green" so I´m hoping it will also effect the recycle-craft-DIY culture positively.

    The attitude and atmosphere around DIY need a facelift here, because it is still considered something "our mothers used to do in the 70´s..." I´m hoping to do all that I can to prove people otherwise. DIY CAN be PUNK!

    ReplyDelete