Margaux Lange handcrafted Barbie couture jewelry



I have a love-hate relationship with Barbie. It has become the symbol of dumb blondes and it reminds me of the insanity of extreme plastic surgery. If I see Barbie dolls I just want to hurt them (I know I need therapy...). On the other hand Barbie dolls have been a mirror of women´s role in society in different decades. Funny I still have not seen "President-Barbie" in the shops... In any case Barbie is an icon as much as Mickey Mouse and that just makes her fascinating.

Margaux Lange, a crafty gal from Brooklyn NY, makes jewellry from Barbie and Ken dolls. "Wearing the body, on a body" as she describes her art. Since I´m not going to NY soon, I´ll just have to pop in at her ETSY shop. I love humoristic jewellry and these are just too incredable to wear. They are beautifully executed technically and design wise. In fact I’d love to own a piece one day... Plastic fantastic!

Also this shop carrys MargauxLange:
FACÉRÈ.com







Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. wow - this is some of the most original jewellery I've seen in ages! Really cool - and such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete