When ever browsing through thrift shops and secondhand stores, look up the small metals dept. You´ll never know when you can stumble upon a bag of .. er. Something small and metally. Then you can make this. A knit decorated with hand sewn medium and large snap-on buttons. Forget paillettes! Small metal objects are the new trashion embellishments.
Photo by Zeb Daemen, via Ben Trovato.
I wanna let you know about the BraChain project, which I think you should write about!
ReplyDeleteThey are trying to get into Guiness Record book by chaining old bras together, and as a result of this raise money to Women's Aid, Breakthrough Breast Cancer and Worcestershire Breast Unit Campaign.
(If I understood it correctly they will also recycle the old bras later on) The event will be held the 31st of July in Worcester, UK.
http://www.brachain.org.uk/
Oh! They're the back of buttons!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this shirt ! This picture is featuring at my weekly BUTTON WEDNESDAY blog post: http://kraplap.blogspot.com/2011/06/button-wednesday-button-shirts-2.html .
ReplyDeleteKind regards, P8ronella