I adore the styling in these Jeffrey Campbell Wrecker platform boots. It just occured me that one could do this kind of shoes with a glue gun and a bunch of leather watch straps (painted black with shoe paints). Since people have watches in their mobile phones, I´ve seen wrist watches and just the straps being sold a lot at thrift shops and fleamarkets. Or you can go and ask a jewelry shop if they have any old ones to give you. Also sewing these straps to a garment as a clousure. Don´t just use three, ten looks better.
Photos via Nasty Gal.
I can't wait to see how this turns out!
ReplyDeleteI bet you can buy a bunch of leather watch straps on ebay. I love these shoes and I have been thinking about how I could DIY them in some way. Looking forward to see the result!
ReplyDelete