
Anyone who lives up north understands the concept of wool pants. They are comfortable and really warm at home or under a skirt, in case you get an urge to wear a skirt at wintertime. They are not made for plus weather so I completely see why australians do not get them. But wool pants have been an essential part of the functional scandinavian wardrobe for centuries.
Icelanders are crazy. In a good way. The sweater pants, they call swants, are just genius and so much fun. Stephen West made a tutorial on how to make a pair. It can be made from just one sweater. They even demand you move in them which makes them even more winter fun. “Your booty deserves to be just as warm as your torso.” he says. Now shake that booty. Check out Westknits at Facebook.
Btw. Don´t take yourself too seriously. Fashion is also supposed to be fun.
Top photo: Sweater pants by Charlotte Ronson, Fall 2011.
Knit pants. Photo.
How to style a knit pant: with a large slouchy knit, smart cardi, or a wool suit jacket and vest. Photo.
"Sweater pants" are really patchwork printed leggings at Free People, but you can see how they actually look nice worn with an oversized shirt or a long knit.
These Free People pirate knit pants made from alpaca are cropped. They work nicely with boots.
Swants. Photo by Jarrod Duncan, with Stephen West.









& I was just debating with someone that pajamas are an acceptable fashion statement! Come on, designers have been hugely inspired by sleepwear this past season! Score ;)
ReplyDelete<3 Carsla
Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
www.connect-the-cloths.com
A stylist's, foodie's, & writer's blog in development.
I really like these but I just don't think I could pull it off. They all look like homeless people....
ReplyDeleteoooold. Reminds me of antique persian riding trousers :-)
ReplyDeleteDone! http://kuusenalla.wordpress.com/2014/04/04/pullover-pants-vol-2/
ReplyDelete