The German brand A Kind of Guise’s trekked to the middle east two years and bought a shitload of local carpets (must’ve been a nightmare to take back). From this pile they’ve created a small range of 100 bags which they call The Killim Project, all handmade in their studio. They’ve even left out the rope handles often used in duffle bags, so they won’t be digging into your shoulders. Available their website. If you´re into this kind of pattern design, look up "kilim" on eBay and Etsy.
Kilims (Persian: گلیم gelim) are flat tapestry-woven carpets or rugs produced from the Balkans to Pakistan. Kilims can be purely decorative or can function as prayer rugs.
Reusing rugs is the thing right now.. Margiela also uses carpets in their upcoming Summer 2012 collection.. I need to find just one rug, so I can cut it up to make a laptop case and a sailor back pack. Maybe even a skirt.
I looked up Etsy for stuff made from rugs/carpets and found this amazing upcycled bear rug. This piece beyond cool and is spot on to my kind of humor. I wish I could affort it.. Etsy persian upcycled bear rug available at Concu´s shop.
How cool! I really love the idea
ReplyDeletexx
www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com
Ai kiva! Kilim on ollut aina minun suosikki.
ReplyDeletesweet! The shoes are the best!
ReplyDeletewww.karissaworld.blogspot.com
Ha - love the bear rug! Concu's cruelty-free mounted deer head is fantastic as well.
ReplyDeletehitsi, itsellä on edelleen kesästä asti kesken samantyylisellä kuviolla varustettu pikku-clutch. :)
ReplyDelete