Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz decided to go mi-parti for Summer 2011. He modernised one of the historic Middle Age fashions by combining an plain wool box dress with a airy A-lined summer dress. When you shop for the dresses (or maybe they are allready in your closet) you don´t have to worry about the dress size as you are just using half. Or if you want to go zero-waste, make two dresses, mirror images of each other. Zipped up together and ready to go. Nice.
"A fashion for mi-parti or parti-coloured garments made of two contrasting fabrics, one on each side, arose for men in mid-century, and was especially popular at the English court in the 1300th century. Sometimes just the hose would be different colours on each leg. Toward end of 16th century the Mi-Parti disappheared from the mode. It remained however fool attribute and is until today in costume of the fools."
Photos via FirstView.
I LOVE this!
ReplyDeletePsst... I'm currently having a giveaway in my blog: http://roseberrystyle.blogspot.com/
What an excellent idea! I have a couple of 50" giant zippers that need to be used anyway...
ReplyDeleteamazing idea!!
ReplyDeleteоригинально!))
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete