Today I´m going to take the opportunity to introduce to my newer readers something I started to make back in 2007, my Comme des Garçons (SS2005 collection) inspired zipper necklaces. It took me a long time to figure out a technique how they are sewn together. One necklace takes about 20 hours to finish and it´s all done by hand. This is a statement piece so it takes a bold fashionista to wear one. But my customers have told me that when they wear it, the attention is continuos. I still make them, custom orders only. Check out the Zipper Pieces photo gallery on Flickr to see the previous necklaces I´ve done. The first custom necklace I made for fashion blogger extraordinaire, Susie Bubble. If you´re intrested in ordering on, click Contact Us from the bottom tool bar and send me mail.
Photo: Mikko Rasila
Wow ... really amazing!!!
ReplyDeletexxx
stephaniehadrath.blogspot.com
shbyhadrath.blogspot.com
I absolutely love this idea. That last picture of the zipper necklace is fabulous. I might have to give it a try.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
ReplyDeletethis is sheer brilliance! nothing better than the textured metal of a zipper
ReplyDeletehttp://invalerie.blogspot.com.au/
really like to use zippers!
ReplyDeleteilovedoityourself.blogspot.com
I just love this necklace it's so unique!
ReplyDeleteI will soon have an international giveaway on my blog. just follow me here: http://www.facebook.com/frlcatherine
to stay informed and to participate.
Bisou
Catherine
great idea!
ReplyDeleteluv your blog! I followed (:
http://nomeeparafracos.wordpress.com/