Fabric/jersey yarn are a familiar material to recycle crafters. Back in the 70´s My grandmother used to cut up old house textiles (bed sheets, curtains, table cloths), tees, jeans and other clothes to finger width strips/yarn and made them to floor rugs. The reason why I´m posting about this is not to get you guys into making rugs, but to have a look at some SS12 catwalk inspiration for making clothes. One of my favorite designers, Isabel Marant, has taken this crfty recycling technique and embended it to her upcoming summer collection. It looks amazing and very comfortable to wear. Click the images to go to my Flickr to see the details in high res images. Craft Passion has a great tutorial on how fabrics and clothes are cut to strips and made to yarn. You can also buy balls of fabric yarn online from Etsy. Silk and leather garments make exellent material for making high quality fabric yarn, kimonos and leather jackets for example. One piece of clothing does not come up with so many metres of yearn so when starting supply yourself with several garments with a similar colors so you can mix them up. You can also try dyeing the pieces before cutting them to strips to harmonise the color story.
SS12 DIY trend - Isabel Marant fabric yarn knitwear
Fabric/jersey yarn are a familiar material to recycle crafters. Back in the 70´s My grandmother used to cut up old house textiles (bed sheets, curtains, table cloths), tees, jeans and other clothes to finger width strips/yarn and made them to floor rugs. The reason why I´m posting about this is not to get you guys into making rugs, but to have a look at some SS12 catwalk inspiration for making clothes. One of my favorite designers, Isabel Marant, has taken this crfty recycling technique and embended it to her upcoming summer collection. It looks amazing and very comfortable to wear. Click the images to go to my Flickr to see the details in high res images. Craft Passion has a great tutorial on how fabrics and clothes are cut to strips and made to yarn. You can also buy balls of fabric yarn online from Etsy. Silk and leather garments make exellent material for making high quality fabric yarn, kimonos and leather jackets for example. One piece of clothing does not come up with so many metres of yearn so when starting supply yourself with several garments with a similar colors so you can mix them up. You can also try dyeing the pieces before cutting them to strips to harmonise the color story.
Bloglovin
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(
465
)
-
▼
October
(
21
)
- Knitting inspiration - multicolor hand spun yarns
- I love slogan t-shirts
- Speaker wall by Benoît Maubrey
- Nurave club kid couture - Tata Christiane
- SS12 DIY trend - Isabel Marant fabric yarn knitwear
- Acne Fall 2011
- gTie leather shopper
- DIY Shirt wrap dress
- I heart Varusteleka
- DIY crystal party shoes
- Chunky neon
- DIY belt boots by Subject to Fashion and Jen Ell
- Nail it
- DIY plexi jewelry tutorial
- Overdye
- DIY Zipper jeans
- DIY La Catrina Day of the Dead Halloween costume
- Maison Martin Margiela SS2012
- Margiela padded clutch bag
- All that glitter and gold
- DIY fishtail skirt
-
▼
October
(
21
)
Read about:
- DIY
- Jewelry
- Outi Pyy
- T-shirt
- accessories
- beads
- bleached
- book
- bustier
- button
- cape
- cardigan
- chains
- clothes
- collar
- collection
- consumption
- corset
- crafts
- crochet
- customized
- cut
- denim
- design
- designer
- dress
- dye
- earrings
- eco
- editorial
- embroidery
- etsy
- fabric
- fabric printing
- fashion
- feathers
- fringe
- harness
- hats
- home
- housut
- how-to
- inspiration
- interior
- lace
- leather
- outsapop
- painted
- pants
- patchwork
- reconstruction
- refashion
- ribbons
- safetypin
- secondhand
- sewing
- shirt
- shoes
- skirt
- studs
- styling
- trashion
- tutorial
The looks are great but it sounds hard to make! Maybe I will try it
ReplyDeleteI´m so sorry!!! I accidently deleted a bunch of comments this morning (I´m so not a morning person). I feel awful about it. It seems Blogger does not have "a comment deleting undo-button"...
ReplyDeleteHi Outi, I came back to see if you had responded--I think my comment might have gotten deleted! I wanted to say that I LOVE this technique and I made a few pieces this spring using hand-dyed t-shirts cut into yarn: http://miscusihandmade.blogspot.com/2011/03/febbre-di-primavera-spring-fever.html
ReplyDeleteOutsapop is one of my favorite blogs; I rarely comment but I check every day for new posts! :)