One great example to a sorts of craft fair is Burning Man. A gigantic manmade desert festival (with 52 000 visitors) that take place at Black Rock Desert in northern Nevada, USA, where you can see all sorts of odjects carried into no mans land and then carried out a few days later with out leaving a trace. It’s worldwide known for its pretty hard surviving conditions, for its libertarian and autarchic approach, and for its marvelous and psychedelic technologic art installations. Thanks to tech-art, the Burning Man has become through the years a meeting point for various kinds of fabbers, hardware artists and other strange people that makes strange things with the material world. Put it this way, if you plan to make it as a hollywood set builder, FX-guy or a full-time trashion recycle artist, the job interview will be held there. And if building stuff is not your speciality, the outfits people wear offer a chance to show off your talent. This festival is a must for anyone with a treak of DIY in their blood and a sence of adventure. I hear the party is pretty rocking also... For more pictures of the craziness, just google "burning man" or look it up from Flickr.
The Tank Girl in me insists I spend my summer holiday there next year. Who´s with me?
If you have been at Burning Man I´d love to hear your stories about it!
love it :)
ReplyDeleteLove it so cute on you :)
LOVE YOUR BLOG
Follow
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
haideeandco.blogspot.com
http://flouncesandslashes.blogspot.com/2011/08/illustrations.html
ReplyDeletecheck out my illustrations of a dark twisted nightmare
Good Morning sweetie! Great post!
ReplyDeletePlease vote me, help me win:
http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/
Thanks you!
xoxo Kiki
My lastest DIY creation - how to make a GEEK CHIC checked waist coat from ribbons!
ReplyDeletehttp://flouncesandslashes.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-geek-waistcoat.html
http://flouncesandslashes.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-geek-waistcoat.html
I have been reading your blog for quite some time and I wanted to stop by and say how much I enjoy it! It's always interesting and your collection of DIY projects is amazing!
ReplyDeleteI go every year. You can see my photos on facebook.com/samiamphoto
ReplyDelete