I saw these embroidered Mariachi styled cropped pants over at Spanish Moss vintage. These are already unfortunately sold, but the idea can be easily DIY´d. Black pants + two/three braided ribbons. Pin and sew. The only place you have to sew by hand is the pocket area, for obvious reasons.
A very practical side to this summers new-hippie-chic is patchworking. Although I love to shred denim and make holes to clothes, sometimes they get ripped in places that need fixing. These patchworked denim shorts look delicious! I would fix denim shorts like this s tha fabric is ripped right under the back pocket. At least for me it is then too short to be worn as your but cheeks show. With patchworking you can add length to your shorts. Using patterned cotton or denim fabric scraps for this project have a more hippy look to them, but I´d also think about using leather. It can be glued on..
I think you would be able to machine sew the braiding onto the pocket area if the pockets pulled out of the pants.. In an emptying manner; I hope that makes sense!
ReplyDeleteI would just pink the braiding right around where I want it, then adjust the pins so the inner of the pockets was not pinned and then pull push the pockets inside to machine sew :)