I do love browsing through 90's fashion editorials when ever I can find some online. I spent my teens in the 90s. The uniform look was bodysuits, plaid mini skirts, knee length socks, combat boots, flannel shirts, too-small tees, babydoll dresses.. yeah, you remember them. Garbage, My So Called Life, Beverly Hills 90210, I can just hear RuPaul singing WORK IT GIRL! And Cinty is really working that straw covered bustier... Huuh. So the next time you´re at the fleamarket or secondhand shop, check out also the 90´s section. You might need them sooner than you think... Ridiculously big tassel earrings are already back.
Work it girl!
I do love browsing through 90's fashion editorials when ever I can find some online. I spent my teens in the 90s. The uniform look was bodysuits, plaid mini skirts, knee length socks, combat boots, flannel shirts, too-small tees, babydoll dresses.. yeah, you remember them. Garbage, My So Called Life, Beverly Hills 90210, I can just hear RuPaul singing WORK IT GIRL! And Cinty is really working that straw covered bustier... Huuh. So the next time you´re at the fleamarket or secondhand shop, check out also the 90´s section. You might need them sooner than you think... Ridiculously big tassel earrings are already back.
Bloglovin
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(
465
)
-
▼
January
(
53
)
- The kids are alright
- DIY fashion inspiration - Balenciaga curve shirt
- Snip snip
- DIY Walk of fame
- DIY tutorial - Fashion Attack: over knee boots
- Snefter
- Coat story - Balmain vs. Varusteleka
- All in one
- The Strokes
- Wrap up
- Wait... whaaat??
- Paper clip
- Generale
- Hairy business
- Vote for trashion!
- DIY refashion idea - zippered shirt
- Reverse Burberry Prorsum zip jacket DIY
- DIY idea - feather rings
- Designers looking for waste - Trashion heroine Ree...
- Inspired or copied?
- Good hair day
- DIY tutorial - Fashion Attack: Make your own Burbe...
- An Etsy Summit on Small Business and Sustainability
- Second hand shopping in Helsinki - Indian Summer
- Love Aesthetics
- Tits
- Dirty Hems DIY: Neon Sole Heels
- Holy collar!
- Fashion that will make you dizzy
- PLA PLA PLA
- An Act of Repetition
- Tara St. James wins 2011 Ecco Domani Fashion Found...
- Paul Smith - DIY inspiration
- Braided in satin - Dior FW2010 tutorial
- Black swan
- DIY Alexander McQueen clutch bag
- Tie. Dye. Doily.
- DIY disco glitter pumps
- Creative mending ideas - submissions wanted!
- Tie dye done right
- Spock does Vogue
- Patch work it
- DIY disco heels
- Life Cycle of a Garment
- The Party
- Work it girl!
- DIY How-To: Lady Lumberjack Shirt
- Cocoon
- Tech top
- Mandy Coon Fall 2010
- Shit happens
- Barbara i Gongini Summer 2011
- Mac newbie
-
▼
January
(
53
)
Read about:
- DIY
- Jewelry
- Outi Pyy
- T-shirt
- accessories
- beads
- bleached
- book
- bustier
- button
- cape
- cardigan
- chains
- clothes
- collar
- collection
- consumption
- corset
- crafts
- crochet
- customized
- cut
- denim
- design
- designer
- dress
- dye
- earrings
- eco
- editorial
- embroidery
- etsy
- fabric
- fabric printing
- fashion
- feathers
- fringe
- harness
- hats
- home
- housut
- how-to
- inspiration
- interior
- lace
- leather
- outsapop
- painted
- pants
- patchwork
- reconstruction
- refashion
- ribbons
- safetypin
- secondhand
- sewing
- shirt
- shoes
- skirt
- studs
- styling
- trashion
- tutorial
The 90s is one of my favorite decades. Reminds me of my childhood.. I love these photos.
ReplyDeletewww.shevahh.blogspot.com
Guess 2001 will be retro soon...
ReplyDeleteI was a teen in the 90s, too - love seeing all this again. In fact, I just made ridiculously huge tassel earrings over my holiday break from grad school. I've seen those same little badges that look like medals pasted on a blazer, too. Oh, the 90s. I am going to really enjoy revisiting them, and I can't wait to see what the current batch of teens does with the styles.
ReplyDeleteToo Funky is one of the best songs ever! And the video is great too! <3<3 <3
ReplyDeleteLOVE that vouge sweater! awesome pics! xx
ReplyDelete