You'll need:
- 2 silk scarves
- straight pins, sewing machine, thread
- 4 grommets
- approximately 20-22" chain (use old thrift store jewelry!)
- jewelry pliers to manipulate chain
Outi Les Pyy
Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.
Well Julene, I think you could use also plastic chains (from old 60´s necklaces) and hand sew them on to the scarf edges. In Finland all the chains and other jewelry metal pieces sold at hobby/craft shops are nickel free. I believe it is not allowd to sell jewelry containing nickel in the EU area anymore.
awww I know it's so cute! when I saw it I really thought I had to do one for myself!
ReplyDeleteIt looks delicious!
ReplyDeletehttp://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/
This is such a great DIY! I'm actually in the process of finishing mine now :)
ReplyDeletesooo cool !!!! i like !!!
ReplyDeletexxx
http://anexceptiontomyrule.blogspot.com/
love this idea! very cute!
ReplyDeleteI love this but I am VERY allergic to nickel compounds, which tends to be in most metal chains like the ones used for the straps.
ReplyDeleteAny ideas for an alternative?
Well Julene, I think you could use also plastic chains (from old 60´s necklaces) and hand sew them on to the scarf edges. In Finland all the chains and other jewelry metal pieces sold at hobby/craft shops are nickel free. I believe it is not allowd to sell jewelry containing nickel in the EU area anymore.
ReplyDeleteI love this- will definitely try! Great post
ReplyDeleteRobin :)
These tops are awesome! I wish I were slim enough to wear one!
ReplyDeleteI linked to this tutorial on my post, since the glamourai link it's not working anymore!
ReplyDeleteHttp://Inspirationrealisation.blogspot.com/