A while ago this wonderful new DIY cafe concept - Sweat Shop - opened their doors in Paris. The concept is simple, come in, have a cup and rent a sewing machine while you´re there. For a few euros an hour you can enjoy the lovely creative atmosphere, do your DIY (even if you don´t have a machine at home) and get advice and help from the staff for your projects. Combine this with a printer and internet connection and you can download patterns online from BurdaStyle. I can´t say how much I love this concept and hope to have them soon popping up in all major cities! StyleBubble wrote a post on these new DIY cafes, and how she thinks more designers should be making trendy DIY kits to complement their collections. I cannot agree more.
You can also find Sweat Shop at Facebook.
This is brilliant!!! I would totally go if there were one near me.
ReplyDeleteThat is fantastic! Great concept!
ReplyDeleteLove love love this concept. Thinking about opportunities in London in Australia....
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Wish we had one of those in montreal! Perfect place to meet new people while doing something fun!
ReplyDelete