One of my all-time favorite collections is the amazing Junya Watanabe Fall Winter 2006 where he dressed up models in reconstructed army wear, cropped boots with studs, patchwork mesh leggins and chained leather/pvc masks with mohair crochet. It just blew me away when I saw it for the first time. It still does... This collection truly represents what army surplus refashioning can be at its best - neo-punk with an edge. Honestly, if Globe Hope and other refashion brands made shit (especially the jackets are amaaazing..) like this they could triple their prices. I mean I´m sure it´s better to sell one jacket for 350 € than 3 for 100 €.. No?
The runway collection pictures and detail shots can finally be viewed from FirstView, for free. Go go go!!!
scary!!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
F
lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- Texas gal bloggin fashion from NYC!
Oooh, totally love those black patched leggings, or whatever they are. I HAVE to make some of these for myself. I don't think I could get away withe the patched tartan pants, but I LOVE them all the same! Thankyou for putting these pictures up here!
ReplyDeleteReminds me of something I read once, a quote from Coco maybe? It's been a awhile, but it goes something like "I look to the poor for inspiration". I know that is not it but it is something like that.
ReplyDeleteAnd these styles look like they came from the latest punk rock show.