I´ve decided to launch a new term in trashion, L'Enfant Trashionable.
It´s a re-used form from L'Enfant Terrible. L'Enfant Trashionable is an unusually successful person in fashion design who is strikingly unorthodox, innovative, and/or avant-garde in refashioning clothes and DIY recycle design. A person who annoys his elders and friends with DIY fashions; transf. a person who compromises his associates or his party by dumpster diving in public or other uncommon sustainable fashion related behavior and then wears them fabulously; loosely, one who acts unconventionally in fashion through recycling, DIY and secondhand.
I´d prefer to think of trashion as much more than just news paper, bubble wrap and garbage bag gowns. The challenge is to make trashion wearable, to have permanent design value and yet bold forming with a high recycle percent in material usage. To me Martin Margiela is L'Enfant Trashionable with his Artisanal brand. Who is your L'Enfant Trashionable? What is your favorite design from them?
Photo by MichPI.
Oooh! Ihana nappiteos!
ReplyDeleteLove that button top, its amazing. If only I had the skill to DIY that myself!
ReplyDeletehttp://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com
I love this ..I think you stated it perfectly!
ReplyDeletelovit
ReplyDeleteDanny Mansmith is my Enfant Trashionable, for sure! I love that man's genius creations, he is such an inspiration.
ReplyDelete