“The Invisible Shoe” is one of the 5 different shoe concepts by the Brazilian footwear designer Andreia Chaves. It has a mirrored surface, creating a deceptively obscured optical effect with every step taken. The chameleon-like façade blends in perfectly with any environment. You can see the 4 other concepts at Yatzer. When ever there is talk about using mirror pieces in clothing or accessories, the trashion alternative is for example CD´s. They reflect light just as well, they are thinner and more light weight and don´t break so easily!! :D So how about making shoes covered in CD fragments that are glued on with hot glue gun.
Thanks Mikko for the tip! Via Today and Tomorrow.
Beautifull! If I learn cut the glass, I'll make sth similar :)
ReplyDeleteThose are amazing but I would be too scared to wear them because glass breaks so easily...and I wouldn't want 7 years of bad luck either. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhen ever there is talk about using mirror pieces in clothing or accessories, the trashion alternative is for example CD´s. They reflect light just as well, they are thinner and more light weight and don´t break so easily!! :D
ReplyDeleteSo how about making shoes covered in CD fragments that are glued on with hot glue gun.
I have been wondering how you can cut the used cd's so that the inner layer stays ok. Do you have any tips?
ReplyDelete- nuanna
UPEEET kengät!!!!!!
ReplyDelete