
What ever your recycled material is, work it like couture. Greta Constantine is a label based in Toronto by designers Kirk Pickersgill and Stephen Wong that do exactly this. These are the coolest things I´ve ever seen make from recycled safety belts. I love the Mad Max wibe and the folded origamilike surface.


Coco Rocha at LG Fashion Week wearing Greta Constantine.


Via Style Bubble.
cool! must be a huge pain to sew though :o
ReplyDeleteWow that's such a great idea, and an easy material to get my hands on, and I'm sure a needle for usage on leather would cut right through. :)
ReplyDeleteYup. If you´re making a jacket like this definately a leather needle and a professional sewing machine is required. But if you´re doing something smaller like a one-shoulder-piece then I think one can manage with handsewing with a leather needle and thimble. I would not recommend trying this with a home sewing machine as safetybelts are quite thick... Not unless you´re sure your machine has the horse powers to pull this off! Mine sure doesn´t...
ReplyDeleteSeatbelts never looked so cool! These are utterly gorgeous.
ReplyDeletehow about glue?
ReplyDeletegreta constantine is not a woman. its a label run by two men in toronto.
ReplyDelete