I had to take a two day brake from working on my zipper collection so I decided to harvest my creativity in making something by destroying it.. :D I took one of my secondhand Marimekko stripe t-shirts and shredding it Raquel Allegra style. Aurora from Muotikaappi has made a shredding tutorial in Finnish and Camile from Childhood Flames a videotutorial in English in case you´re intrested in seeing how these are done.

I could take that as a donation. Wow, really wow I say, looks great with the stripes!
ReplyDeletethank you for this. i have wondered how to do it.
ReplyDeleteI love the way that it looks on a striped shirt!
ReplyDeletexxx,
Tiffany
Hei!
ReplyDeleteIhana sivu Sinulla ja olet kittettävän antelias jakaesasi muoti niksejäsi muillekin!
Niinku yllä jo kysytään; mitten sait sen marimekkopaidan "revittyä" noin???
T-paidan helma avataan kokonaan ja sitä aletaan purkamaan helmasta, esim. 5 cm alueelta, kerros kerrokselta. Lankoja ei katkota missään vaiheessa vaan silmukat vain puretaan auki. T-paita purkaantuu samalla tavalla kuin esim. sukkahousut, koska molemmat ovat neuloksia. Jos silmukka jumittaa, sitä voi auttaa ratkojalla. Katso ihmeessä Auroran tutorial niin näet mitä tarkoitan :)
ReplyDeleteihan mielettömältä näyttää, paljon kivemmalta kuin perus-valkoisessa t-paidassa! wau! :)
ReplyDeleteHow long has it taken you? What a wonderful piece!
ReplyDeleteI'm working on one- taking ages! <3
It took me two evenings to make, approx. 7 hours. In the beginning it was slower, but then I realized the trick and got the entire back part done in three hours. I´ll make my own tutorial on this soon, maybe some video so I can show you what I mean..
ReplyDeleteoli kivaa tavata, ja tuo paita on livenä mieletön! en silti vieläkään tajua, miten sen purkaminen tapahtui, mutta ehkäpä harjoituksella se vielä napsahtaa...
ReplyDeletewhat a cool idea! i love following your pages.
ReplyDeleteTää paita on ihan mah-ta-va!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat, I read this yesterday, I know I have three half ripped Tees. Wonderful! Works very different on different types of knits, interesting...
ReplyDeleteI´ve also been looking for a light weight summer knit that I could shredd the same way. I love this technique because you get an different result with knits and jerseys that are made with different kinds of threads (depending on thread weight, thickness and flexibility). There´s loads of room for experimentation and randomness.
ReplyDelete