I looove these 80´s styled loose on-shoulder band tees. This is my latest. They are just so easy to make. I made my first one in a wardrobe-panic when I had no cool clean clothes to wear and a bandtee was sticking out from the bottom of the pile. 10 min and some cutting later it was finished! Now I have about 5, a few back ones a pink one and a blue one.
Here is a tutorial on how you can cut you´re own from an XL t-shirt. The shirt you cut, should be about two or three sizes too big.
This is what I started out with - a long sleeved band-tee. At least two sizes too big. Remember to wash your shirt before cutting.
Step 1.
Cut the sleeves. Here I had to cut between the sleeve images. If you have a short sleeved tee, cut right above the edge-stitching. No sewing needed!
Step 1b.
I cut the other sleeve also right between the graphics. Now it is 2cm (1/2 inces) shorter than the other sleeve. It does not matter since this shirt will be worn asymmetrically.
Step 2.
Cut two slits about 3cm (about 1 inch) from the collar. Make sure you cut them in a 90 degree angle.
Step 3.
Cut a circle from the slits to the centre as close to the collar (mid-front) than possible.
Step 4.
Flip the tee over and do the same to the back. Cut as close to the mid-back of the collar as possible.
Step 5.
Try the shirt on. Cut the hem. I usually cut about 10 cm (4 inces). Fold the hem as you cut so the length will stay the same.
NOW IT IS FINISHED!
No comments:
Post a Comment