The dress



Helsinki second hand shoppers have probably come across this dress frequently as it has been in Fida shop windows for the past month. I made it for the cover shoot of my Trashion book and it got loads of attention at the President´s Ball in December when I made a similar one for Laura Birn. Fida asked Meri, Winner of Finnish Next Top Model 2012, to pose for them in their in-store advertising campaign. She makes it look amazing. I´m very happy they chose my leather dress to be in it. It is made from eight 80´s mens leather jackets, courtesy of Fida. 

Fida is opening a new shop in Helsinki centre next Monday (7.1.). It will be located just a block from Stockmann at Lönrotinkatu 4. Shop is open 9-19. Welcome!

Photo: Mika Pakarinen
MakeUp: Titta Tervonen
Model: Meri Ikonen
Dress: by me

The rest of the images are from Finnish Next Top Model Fida shoot in Kenya.





Outi Les Pyy

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

5 comments:

  1. This dress is amazing!
    I'm so curious: how many hours did it take to finish? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me two evenings (8h) to cut the jackets into strips and about 15h to glue them on the dress. Two fittings. So roughly a week. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow these pictures are stunning and especially the second and the thid one! Love the beautiful accessoires!!

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete